|Two oak trees on a long dirt road with the rolling hills alongside. This was all one would see early in 1950 when A.E. Hanson (who also developed the community of Rolling Hills on the Palos Verdes peninsula) began his development of Hidden Hills.n|
In 1950, a large sign on Ventura Boulevard at the intersection of Long Valley Road announced:
1000 Acres of Elbow Room
Where Living Is Fun!
Full Acre Lots $4750
The "1000 acres" were composed of the following purchases: 1) in 1949, 700 acres acquired from E.E. Hurlbutt; 2) in 1950, 160 acres purchased from Nace, et al; 20 acres from Mrs. Lasher; 119 acres from the Straubinger family; and 5.6 acres from Spinks — a total of 1004.6 acres.
Source info CLICK HERE
Updated: 1st April, 2020 9:21 PM.